miércoles, 9 de junio de 2010

I left my jar

I know we have listened the history of the samaritan woman a lot of times, but today I want to share something with you:

6Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
7When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?"
9The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])
10Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
11"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?"
13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,
14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
15The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water."
16He told her, "Go, call your husband and come back."
17"I have no husband," she replied.
Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband.
18The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."

27Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?"
28Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29"Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ[b]?"

It’s curious to realize that even we have in front of us to the person who can solve all our life, we prefer to look for pleasures and delights from this world, trying to fill our life and satiate our thirstiness. Shall we obtain a different result than the samaritan woman reached?, Jesus, being God, knew this woman’s need, and when he talks about thirstiness, he does not talk about a phisical thirstiness, but an spiritual thirstiness, this samaritan woman had been trying to fill her water jar with fruitless relationships, she had five husbands, and at moment when she talked with Jesus she was in a new one. How many times we have tried to satiate our thirstiness with the things that this world offers, as sin, money, sex, relationships, finding at end an empty jar, and a greater wish of “water”, a “water” which fill us truly, in the Bible, Isaiah 55:2 we found: “Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.”, and we waste our time and our labor searching for something that finally satisfaed us.

For long time I searched a way to satiate my thirstiness, and I didn’t realize that until I drunk more of that dirty water, I desired to get more, because it didn’t satisfy me really, and it was for a simple reason, and I found it in Jeremiah 2:13 “My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.” I have dug a broken cistern that will never be fill. However I don’t have to go back to that cistern when I drink from the living water, the living water that Jesus offers, And this is the fact that I want to reach today: the samaritan woman left her jar and the bible doesn’t say if she returns to look for it or if she returns to look for water, but, I realize that her supreme need was satiated, at point that she forgot her phisical need.

Then my friend, I don’t know what are you doing, and I don’t know how you invert your time, but if you are reading this, is because God wants to tell you that HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN SATISFY YOUR NEEDS, draw near his presence through prayers, reading the bible, and you will receive from this living water that satiates your being, and you wont return to that thing that keep you bound and far away from God.

I love you in Yawhe, and if you need that I pray for you, don’t hesitate in leave me a comment with you name and I will pray God, for he continues revealing his word to your life

No hay comentarios: